"I am the visual equivalent of a punch in the nose."
Band of Horses - The Funeral
Von Bondies - C'mon C'mon
The Horrors - Death At The Chapel
Eels - Dogfaced Boy
Celestial Mischief - My Understanding Of Dirt
Calexico - Corona
Vampire Weekend - Oxford Comma
Vampire Weekend - M79
Lee Rocker - Bulletproof
Sia - The Girl You Lost To Cocaine
This Is Me Smiling - Feelin' The Time Pass By
Kings of Leon - Tranny
Calexico - Stinging Velvet
Me First And The Gimme Gimmes - I Would Walk 500 Miles
Interpol - Evil
I am among the least interesting people you could meet. If however you'd like to know something about me, you might be able to find me on GoogleTalk. My handle is: TheNewKungFu or, you could find me on Skpe as TwoTonMonk, but I doubt it ...granted I also have a yahoo and msn account, but my name on there is my email address and I already get enough email about increasing the size of my penis.
- 12 years, 9 months, 15 days ago
Crazy Theory: Reverse Speech
In my boredom-fueled web prowling, I decided to look up different backmasking lyrics. You know, songs in reverse. Stereotypically, these reverse lyrics are about satan. However, outside of Led Zeppeling and death metal bands, it's not as common. But backmasking isn't what this tale is about. In my search for backmasking, I found reverse speech.
Reverse speech, according David John Oates, is a subconscious form of speech. A 7th sense if you will. As we speak, are conscious mind speaks forward, while at the same time, are subconscious puts reverse speech in the sentence. Here is his theory.
THE THEORY OF REVERSE SPEECH AND SPEECH COMPLEMENTARITY.
(1) Human speech has two disctinctive yet complementary functions and modes. The Overt mode is spoken forwards and is primarily under conscious control. The Covert mode is spoken backward and is not under conscious control. The backward mode of speech occurs simultaneously with the forward mode and is a reversal of the forward speech sounds.
(2) These two modes of speech, forward and backward, are dependent upon each other and form an integral part of human communication. One mode cannot be fully understood without the other mode. In the dynamics of interpersonal communication, both modes of speech combined communicate the total psyche of the person, conscious as well as unconscious.
(3) Covert speech develops before overt speech. Children speak backwards before they do forwards. Then, as forward speech commences, the two modes of speech gradually combine into one, forming an overall bi-level communication process.
I'm tired, so I suggest visiting the website www.reversespeech.com. They have examples on there taken from famous people, where, apparently, you can hear there true thoughts and feelings. Either way, that's your crazy theory for the day. Unknown"♥PJ♥"Frisky
- 12 years, 11 months, 15 days ago