'Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit.
- 8 years, 7 months, 20 days ago
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio
"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most-requested column I've ever written.
My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone...
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
- 8 years, 8 months, 5 days ago
Your Brain is 73% Female, 27% Male
Your brain leans female You think with your heart, not your head Sweet and considerate, you are a giver But you're tough enough not to let anyone take advantage of you!
- 8 years, 9 months, 29 days ago
HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST
1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.
- 8 years, 10 months, 3 days ago
Here is my tale. I am walking 60kms for the 3rd year in a row to support breast cancer. So far I have raised almost $5500 over 2 years to go towards the cause.
I am just getting starting on my campaign for raising my money for this year.
Why would I walk 60km?
I walk for my mom. A breast cancer survivor. My champion, my friend, and my confidant. She is a survivor for real...she never lets anything slow her down. She picks up adversity and she over comes. Even now she fights with bone cancer. And she keeps on going.
I walk for me and for my 2 sisters. We have a one in 3 chance of having breast cancer.
I walk for my daughter in hopes that she will never have to worry.
I walk for the glory, the accomplishment, the feeling of knowing that I have been a part of something totally life changing.
Through the weekend to end breast cancer we raised $12 million dollars to go towards breast cancer research. That was for the year of 2007 only.
If you are interested in sponsoring me you can go to the link below. Go to sponsor a participant and type in my name and just follow the directions. I'll thank you now. From me and the many men and women you will help.
http://ed08.endcancer.ca Belynda S"Gorgeous"
- 10 years, 23 days ago